NEFEC Building Department will provide the following services:
1. Issue all permits required by the Florida Building Code and State Statue 1013.38 (School Boards to ensure that facilities comply with building codes and life safety codes).
2. Permits issued will cover any new construction, remodeling, and renovations of any facilities and the repair, removal, enlarge, alter, convert or replacement of any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing systems.
3. Review and approve plans, and construction documents to be permitted and coordinate plan review with the appropriate fire safety inspector.
4. Inspect all phases of the construction project for the required inspections and visit the job site to coordinate the construction process.
5. Meet with contractors, architects, engineers on preconstruction planning and during the construction project.
6. Issue an annual maintenance permit as required by State Statue 553.80(6) (d) and SREF.
7. Review district annual facility maintenance permit work orders for compliance with the State Statues, State Requirements for Educational Facilities (SREF), Florida Building Code and the Florida Fire Prevention code.
8. Perform code compliance inspections for work orders that fall under the annual facility maintenance permit. This includes any alterations to existing electrical, gas, mechanical, plumbing systems. Any emergency repairs, minor renovations, and minor remodeling as long as the projects do not exceed $200,000.00 per project.
9. Issue day labor project permits for any construction projects estimated to cost $200,000.00 or less and perform code compliance inspections.
10. Provide training and updates for the Florida Building Code and the State Requirements for Educational Facilities (SREF) for maintenance personnel.
11. Perform annual inspections for all portable classrooms as required by SREF and the Florida Building Code.